Ronald Reagan Quotes
- "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."
- "All great change in America begins at the dinner table."
- "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
- "There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right."
- "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
- "I know in my heart that man is good.
That what is right will always eventually triumph.
And there's purpose and worth to each and every life."
- "Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."
- "Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."
- "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
- "We have the duty to protect the life of an unborn child."
- "The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."
- "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
- "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
- "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."
- "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
- "I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress."
- "Trust, but verify."
- "Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours."
- "My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose - somehow we win out."